Alpaca Pearl is going on another incredible adventure. This time she’s going to the North and South Poles. As always, she needs your help to pack. This adorable 23 page, 8.5 x 11 inch, paperback book, will engage children in learning vocabulary, categorizing, problem solving, repeating phrases, and helping Alpaca Pearl pack her suitcase.
Children will delight in guessing what Alpaca Pearl will pack for her trip to the poles. Written and illustrated by Rachel Arntson, speech-language pathologist, this book has countless opportunities for speech and language learning as well as silly, adorable illustrations. Included with this book is a manual with suggestions on how to read books to children and specific activities for using this book.
Don’t forget to also check out our first Alpaca Pearl book, Alpaca Pearl Packs for Peru.
Benefits of Alpaca Pearl Packs for Peru and the manual
An adorable alpaca named Pearl is committed to a life of adventures. This trip involves traveling to the North and South Poles. What do you pack for a trip like that? Alpaca Pearl has no idea and needs your help.
Readers will delight in asking her questions about what she may need to bring with her. With repetition of phrases and a silly play on the word, ‘alpaca,’ children will enjoy actively participating and guessing what Alpaca Pearl will pack in her suitcase.
This book, although silly and fun, is a great learning tool as well. It includes a small manual with a variety of suggestions on enhancing a child’s language from problem solving and vocabulary building to articulation practice.
Enjoy Alpaca Pearl as she packs for Peru!
Promote the love of reading and speech and language learning with this book
- Teach simple vocabulary related to going on a trip, packing a suitcase, and traveling to the cold climates of the North and South Poles.
- Hold a child’s attention through adorable and amusing illustrations
- Teach categorization skills with the choices Alpaca Pearl has to make for this trip to the poles.
- Teach children to problem solve when helping Alpaca Pearl answer questions that are embedded in the pages of the book
Great for children
- From infants to early elementary age
- Who enjoy acting out stories
- Who need articulation practice of the /k/ sound and /s/ blends
- At home, in speech and language therapy sessions, or in preschool groups
- 23 page, 8.5 x 11 inch, paperback book of delightful illustrations, frequent repetition, and simple vocabulary
- Free manual printed at the back of the book